PROTECTION PRINCIPLES PERSONAL DATA
Protecting the privacy of our clients is important to us. The following conditions serve for you to have an overview of why, how, what data we process about you and what rights you have.
The operator is:
Headquarters: Okoličné 126, 031 04 Liptovský Mikuláš
IČO: 52 172 899, DIČ: 212 093 2473
If you have any questions, you can contact us by phone (0903 502 850), by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post at the address of our headquarters.
When processing personal data, we primarily follow:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27. of April 2016 on the protection of natural persons in the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, which repeals Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”),
- the provisions of Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data and on amendments to certain laws that apply to us,
- Act on no. 586/2003 Coll. on Advocacy and on Amendments to Act No. 455/1991 Zb. on trade entrepreneurship (Trade Act) as amended
- by law no. 297/2008 Coll. on protection against the legalization of income from criminal activity and on protection against the financing of terrorism and on the amendment of certain laws
- and other regulations.
Purpose and legal basis of personal data processing
We need your personal data mainly for:
- so that we can provide you with a legal service; article 6 par. 1 letter b) a c) GDPR, in relation to special categories of personal data, article 9 par. 2 letters f) GDPR,
- to fulfill various legal, status and contractual obligations; article 6 par. 1 letter b), c) a f) GDPR.
- to protect the legitimate interests of us, our clients and others; article 6 par. 1 letter f) GDPR.
- so that we can contact you in the future with an offer of legal services; article 6 par. 1 letter a) GDPR.
To whom the data may be made available
We are bound by confidentiality and we oblige any person who comes into contact with personal data to the same obligation. We make personal data of natural persons available only to the extent necessary and always with confidentiality, e.g.:
- representing or cooperating attorney,
- our accounting and tax advisors,
- Slovak Bar Association (e.g. in the case of disciplinary proceedings) or
- software equipment provider.
We do not intend to transfer your personal data across borders to third countries outside the European Economic Area.
Time of personal data processing
We only process personal data for as long as we need it for the specified purpose. After this time, we keep/archive them. When storing personal data, we follow the recommended storage periods in accordance with the Resolution of the Presidency of the Slovak Bar Association No. 29/11/2011.
If the lawyer keeps the client’s name and the protocol of the client’s file electronically, at the end of the calendar year, he prepares a printed form for the calendar year and stores it in the office without time limit
It is not possible to shred client file protocols and client file names.
The shredding period of the client file is 10 years and starts from the day when all the conditions for storing the file in the archive are met. The client file, which contains the original documents handed over to the lawyer by the client, cannot be shredded. It is not possible to shred the client file or its part, which the lawyer is obliged to hand over to the state archive. It is not possible to shred a client file, as long as any proceedings are being conducted before a court, a state administration body, law enforcement authorities, the Slovak Bar Association, the content of which is related to the content of the client file or the subject of which was the action or omission of the lawyer in providing legal assistance in the matter to the client.
How we obtain your personal data
Most often, we obtain your personal data directly from you as our clients. In such a case, the provision of personal data is voluntary; possible refusal to provide some personal data may affect the quality of the provided legal service. We may also obtain personal data about you from publicly available sources, from public authorities or from other persons.
If you are not our client, we usually obtain your personal data from our clients or from other public or other legal sources. In this case, we may obtain personal data about you without informing you, and even against your will, based on our legal authorization and obligation to perform our profession.
Your data subject rights
If we process personal data about you based on your consent to the processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal. Regardless, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data at any time.
As a client, you have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as request their correction. If we process personal data when providing legal services, neither as a client nor as another natural person (e.g. counterparty) do you have the right to object to such processing according to Art. 22 GDPR.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection or the Slovak Bar Association at any time.